This is a 50-minute play depicting the life of a girl who is freshman in college when she meets her abuser. For the next 9 years, her abuser introduces her to drugs, verbally, physically, emotionally and economically abuses her, leads her to prostitute herself, kidnaps her, isolates her from her family and marries her to control of her life and ultimately loses control when he kills her!
1. The DVD, “Control.Assault.Delete” (SD widescreen)
2. Video-taped interviews of victims of domestic violence.
3. Comprehensive Facilitator Training Manual.
The purpose of this work is to
(1) Point out common mistakes made by parents and friends in their frustrated attempts to help the victim escape the abuse.
(2) Bring to light common tactics used by abusers to trap victims into a rigidly controlled relationship.
(3) Point out to abusers the pain and misery they bring to the lives of others through their actions. For almost twenty years, Linda has been at work to try and help stop domestic violence. The more we work at it, the more frightening it becomes and the more we understand the complexities of this social epidemic.